A Letter of Apology to My Kids’ Teachers
A Letter to My Kids’ Teachers:
Dear Mrs. Soanso and Mrs. Whasername,
December has been an incredibly busy month for our family.
Aside from regular Christmas preparations, other unexpected events have popped up, so we have not been able to give schoolwork the proper attention it deserves.
So teachers, I would like to formally apologize for the following:
- For late library books. In a more regular time of year, we always (sometimes) check to see what day it is and make sure we all have our library books in our backpacks.
- For not sending the test back in signed. Honestly, I can’t even look at the test yet. I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be great and then I’m going to beat myself up for not doing more flashcards and practicing more math facts which surely would have increased the score.
- For incomplete homework assignments for my kindergartners. Typically we are happy to do homework, but in December it’s either practice your letter sounds or go grocery shopping or run errands. I know how important letter sounds are, but my kids really do like to eat.
- For late absent notes. I apologize for not bringing these in the day after the absence. But, what with mopping up vomit and trying not to inhale too deeply so as I don’t also catch the bug, (which if I did, would cause the entire structure of the household to completely collapse – you think it’s bad now?) the note must have slipped my mind.
- For the kids not wearing sneakers on gym days. Again, in December, it’s all I can do to get them on the bus so as long as they aren’t naked, I don’t really care what they are wearing.
- And finally, for not completing December’s journal packet for the kindergartners. Although, when I received this, I do have to admit I laughed out loud. A journal. For kindergartners. Who can’t read or write yet. I just knew this wasn’t happening in December. Honestly, I’m not sure this will get done in January.
I’m just over here trying to make a magical Christmas!
Christmas x 4 kids + my suspected (probable) ADD + working = I’m not very good at December.
I hope to return to my normal self in January, where the kids will have their homework and be prepared for school around 80% of the time.
Until then dear teachers, bear with me.
Once Upon a Mom